Monday, January 3, 2011

Whispers in the Moonlight

Opals spill from Heaven in wavery lines
The reflection of the Sun reflects on your cheeks
Sparkles of silver, blue, green, and possibly purple underline
The dimples you declare don't exist
The soft lines declaring your sense of humor
The sweet lips that curve in warm greeting

And I melt

If this was an oceanside beach I'd hear the tumbling of white-foam waves
Opals scattered among broken shells and starfish searching for their mates

If this was a forest I'd hear treefrogs singing sweet soprano notes
As they declare the warm night perfect for yet another sonata

If this was a balcony on a tall city skyscraper I'd hear the calls of so many
Cars as they say hello, goodbye, and I hope to never see you again.

But this is just a simple lake, a simple country, a simple September date
A simple girl, a simple guy, and a simple thought in each head

So as your hair shines a deep ruby in the moonlight
And your face glows in the coolness of a sweet summer night
I will remember this night I began to fall in love with you

And melt.

2 comments:

  1. :) wow. simply beautiful!

    I love your way with words... If you don't mind, I'm thinking of challenging myself to come up with a pic to go with this... what thinks you?

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete